Prompt: Write 30 interesting facts about yourself.
1. Although I was initially excited about this post, I just procrastinated on it for about 10 minutes because I felt overwhelmed. I cannot guarantee these will be the least bit interesting.
2. I am currently actively reading 3 books: Let The Right One In (John Ajvide Lindqvist), Handling the Undead (John Ajvide Lindqvist), and The Hunger Games (Suzanne Collins). I started The Hunger Games today because my 14-year-old sister threatened to punch me via phone if I didn’t, and that girl doesn’t mess around.
Also, I really wanted to read it. 🙂
3. I am really sleepy, and it is only 6:20PM. This is probably mostly due to the fact that my neighbor was talking on her phone so loudly this morning (3AM) on her balcony that the sound of her voice woke me up. Of course, I couldn’t fall back to sleep for about an hour. Thanks, neighbor!
4. The last three facts were written yesterday. I had to stop to go to Zumba, and then my brain was too tired to think, so I spent the rest of the evening watching Angel with my roommate (she just started Season 5).
5. I have a slight obsession with food and fitness related blogs. Through these blogs I have found new favorite foods (coconut butter, for example) and really awesome workouts.
A blogroll will appear soon. Then you will become obsessed, too.
6. Parks and Recreation is probably my favorite show on television right now. It’s kind of scary how much I can relate to Leslie Knope.
7. Of course, my favorite show changes weekly between a few favorites, depending on which one made me laugh the most. Other shows that I keep up with are: The Office, Modern Family, Castle, 30 Rock, Being Human (although, I have missed the last two episodes), and Desperate Housewives (What? Shut up.).
8. I saw this in a store and had to take a picture of it.
9. I saw this picture on a blog, and I had to post it. It is cute and makes me smile. That is a fact.
10. I absolutely despise reality television with a fiery passion. I only got hooked into it once… It was season 4 of Dancing with the Stars. The reason: Apolo Anton Ohno. In my defense, I pretty much only watched his numbers.
11. I saw Edgar Wright in person 2 times last year and once this year (so far): the LA Film Festival talk that he gave with JJ Abrams (entitled Edgar Wright Saves the World), an advanced screening of Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World, and at a screening of Run Lola Run at the New Bev (part of a series called The Wright Stuff II). There would have been another time this year, but I didn’t want to go to the midnight triple feature of Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and Scott Pilgrim by myself.
12. I started taking Zumba classes a few weeks ago, and I adore it! My roommate and I, however, find some of the moves extremely hilarious because they remind us of things:
Because of this, we get the giggles at least 3 times/class. Hey, it’s supposed to be fun, right?
13. I love any and all things Joss Whedon. Firefly/Serenity, Buffy, Angel, Dollhouse, Dr. Horrible, the related comics. I would
kill absolutely love to work with him. Very few things have made me belly-laugh or ugly-cry like Joss Whedon’s work has. I can’t wait to see The Avengers and Cabin in the Woods. Fun Bonus Fact: Did you know he also worked on the Toy Story screenplay? Dude is amazing.
14. I have been in love with Ferris Bueller’s Day Off since my cousin Cara introduced me to it when I was 9. For my 16th birthday, my parents
“pimped my ride” decorated my truck (formerly my dad’s) Ferris Bueller-style. The back window read, “It’s a little childish and stupid, but then, so is high school.” There was also a vanity plate on the front of the truck with a picture of a red Ferrari and underneath it read, “Save Ferris.” My license plate read, “Bueller.” I was am so cool.
15. I play D&D. My character is a level 6 Ranger Elf named Isilme “Isi” Ronyo. I have a notebook full of backstory and artwork related to the character. Her story is quite tragic.
16. I used to always count stairs. I still occasionally do so.
17. I love being creative, and I am constantly looking for new outlets. Other than acting, a few of my favorite forms are writing, drawing, painting, sculpting, singing, dancing, and song writing.
18. I like to put on a movie whenever I do a “deep clean” in my room. My go-to movie is Cruel Intentions. I am not sure why, but it is the perfect balance for me. It keeps me interested, yet I don’t get too distracted from my cleaning. Once, I tried putting on episodes of BtVS, but I ended up just watching instead of cleaning. Lesson learned.
19. I really, really want to play a girl who can fend for herself and kick some serious butt. And yet, also has a vulnerable side. Call me, Joss.
20. I love to read (if you didn’t get that from #2). Two of my favorite books are The Count of Monte Cristo and The Picture of Dorian Gray. I have many other favorites, but it would take forever to list them, and these two come up the most as books that I mention that other people have not read. Buy them and read them, as soon as possible. And then tell me how much you loved them.
21. I have won my fair share of burping contests. Don’t challenge me. You will lose.
22. If I wanted to have a date for a dance in junior high or high school, I had to do the asking, and I always asked a close guy friend. Friends make the best dates. Seriously.
23. For my 23rd birthday, some friends and I watched the Matrix Trilogy because I had only seen the first one. Then, we went out to eat at a cool bar called Rush Street. It was a good day.
24. Originally this fact was #23, but I wanted the fact about my 23rd birthday be #23, so I changed it. My favorite dress is probably my 9th grade prom dress. Although my senior prom dress is a close second.
25. In order to find the 9th grade prom dress picture, I looked up my xanga from high school. *Facepalm*
26. For my 21st birthday, my friend TK and I went to NYC to see Equus. It was amazing. I still get chills thinking about it. We also saw Spring Awakening.
27. My sister is 9 years younger than me. Up until I moved out for college, we fought like cats and dogs. Now, she is one of my best friends. I can’t imagine my life without her.
28. When my family went to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, I bought a wand (among other trinkets). It is vine and 15 inches, if you were wondering.
29. I use coconut milk in my homemade lattes. If Starbucks ever decides to use coconut milk, my wallet will shrivel up and die.
30. I have a record player and a ton of records, some of them rare. I actually had to leave most of them at my parents house and only bring my favorites with me.