Prompt: What kind of person attracts you.
I Want to Go to There
Here’s a general idea of the kind of guy that makes me want to pull out the ol’ guitar and write Taylor Swift-esque love songs… Not that I would…
Personality and Interests:
- Makes me laugh.
- Witty…. extra points if he likes to spar with words.
- Lover of art and literature.
- Outdoors-y. I love camping and hiking… he should, too!
- Animal lover… especially dogs. Big dogs.
- Must love to travel.
- Not clingy or possessive.
- Genuinely kind.
- A touch of geek. Accepts my geek-y tendencies.
- Understands and supports my goals (as I would do for him).
- Accepts me as the independent and strong woman that I try to be.
- Artistically inclined in some way is a plus.
- A bit of a goofball.
- Doesn’t need to have “the perfect body” (goodness knows I don’t), but he should take care of himself.
- The spark (I am a sucker for “the spark,” which, unless you have experienced it, is difficult to explain). Also known as “chemistry.”
Appearance. Let’s be honest, appearance plays a role in attraction. I don’t need an Adonis, but a good combination of the following can make me go all jelly in the knees:
- A pair of kind eyes, with a touch of mischief.
- A good head of hair.
- A sweet smile, maybe a little coy.
- Striking coloring (ex. blue eyes and dark hair).
Major Turn Offs (for further clarity and insight):
- Hipster/Overly-trendy types
There you have it. Take a number and get in line, gentlemen…